Cabling is a Strategic Asset
A high performance, reliable cabling system is critical to your Data Center Infrastructure:
- Cabling supports 2-3 generations of Network Switches, Servers and Storage Equipment.
- Cabling is expected to last 10, 15 or more years - increasing the time between replacing the most disruptive and labor intensive piece of the infrastructure.
- Cabling costs a fraction of your active equipment, power, software and maintenance costs.
- 70% of network problems can be attributed to poor cabling.
Choosing a Copper Cabling System for your Data Center:
- TIA and ISO standards recommend Category 6A or higher cabling for Data Centers to support future high speed applications such as 10GBASE-T without requiring to upgrade or replace the cabling.
- From the best-in-class 60-second Z-MAX termination process to the Quick-Snap efficiency of pre-terminated trunking cable assemblies, Siemon copper systems deliver a host of advancements to to get your data center infrastructure up and running - fast.
- Shielded cabling eliminates alien crosstalk and EMI/RFI concerns. Siemon's pioneering efforts with shielded cabling (for example, the Z-MAX 6A Shielded Category 6A System) have made these high-performance, flexible systems more userfriendly than ever before.
Benefits of Shielded Cabling in the Data Center:
- Longer Projected Lifecycle resulting in lower cost of ownership
- Superior Alien Crosstalk Performance with No Need For Alien Crosstalk Field Testing
- Excellent Immunity To External Noise and 100 Times More Resistant To Interference than UTP
- Increased Data Security
- Simplified Grounding and Bonding
- Greater Heat Dissipation resulting in Lower Insertion Loss/Longer Lengths at Higher Temperatures and in PoE Plus Applications